background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Black Bean Lettuce Wraps...coming to the Sharp home, SOON!

When hubby walks in the door I get a mommy break, so while the boys play and I watch and read blog...AND I found a new yummy one! This recipe immediately caught my attention, the only thing I need to pick up is Boston Leaf Lettuce (which I love!). The lettuce I have has already been washed, cut and placed in a bowl for easy to make salad, so this recipe will have to wait a couple of days:) OH! The new blog is a GF one; check out Daily Bites!

Adapted recipe.



Black Bean Lettuce Wraps
1/3-1/2 cup black beans
2 tbs. chopped red bell pepper
1 tbs. chopped red onion
1 small stalk celery, finely chopped
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. white or red wine vinegar
Pinch each of chili powder, cumin, and dried oregano
Salt to taste
Green  leaf “cups,” for serving
Diced avocado, for garnish

Combine the beans, pepper, onion, celery, tomatoes, olive oil, and vinegar in a small bowl. Then add the seasonings and salt to taste. Spoon the salad into the lettuce cups and top with diced avocado. Enjoy!

No comments: