background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Super Easy Pasta Fagioli


I have made this many many times (bootleg style, ofcourse), so I thought I should share! Easy and yummy! (NOPE, not my picture...from Google!)

Ingredients 

2/3 lb Ground beef ( I used to use a meat substitute, now I have to just leave it out)
4 oz chopped onion (about 1/2 of a medium)
4 2/3 oz slivered Carrots
4 2/3 oz diced celery
16 oz tomatoes, canned, diced
2/3 cup cooked/can Red Kidney Beans
2/3 cup cooked/can Great Nothern
32 oz  veggie stock
1 tsp. Oregano ( I use italian seasoning)
3/4 tsp. Pepper
1 2/3 tsp fresh, chopped Parsley ( italian seasoning!)
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
16 oz Spaghetti sauce
3 oz dry pasta bow tie macaroni (or noodle of choice, I use GF)

Step 1: Chop up your onions, celery and carrots
Step 2: Brown the hamburger in a 10 qt. pan until it browns
Step 3: Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes. Simmer about 10 minutes.
Step 4: Drain and rinse beans, add to the pot. Then add the beef stock, oregano, pepper, tabasco, spaghetti sauce, parsley and noodles.
Step 5: Simmer for about 45 minutes or until celery and carrots are tender.

You should know this makes a lot....keep in mind it freezes and heats up really well!

Enjoy!

Adapted from Mama Cheaps!!

No comments: