When I saw a picture for Quinoa Pizza Bites on Pinterest I was so exicited! The recipe I saw was for Peperoni Pizza Bites..click HERE to see that one, plus her pictures are wayy better and look even yummier than mine.
Below is how I recreated it for my family:
Quinoa Pizza Bites
Makes ~40 bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or two eggs)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used vegan this time)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup diced sauteed mushrooms
- 2 TBS diced black olived
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried crushed oregano
- pizza sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and pressing down gently to compact.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
This were so easy and yummy! I say make these and add your favorite toppings!