background

Monday, March 12, 2012

Roasted Zucchini and Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing (Vegan)

I love all the amazing recipe I am discovering on Pinterest. When I found the recipe for Grilled Zucchini Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette,I immediately had to recreate it! Please click on the original recipe to see the original recipe and the MUCH. BETTER. PICTURES! I have been awful about taking pictures of my creations lately. This recipe was no different. At the very last minute I snapped on with my phone. This recipe is now one of my all time favorites!

When I make a recipe for the first time I typically like to follow the exact recipe, but sometimes I can't due to not having everything it calls for or due to dietary restrictions. In this recipe I didn't have a grill and it's not corn season, so I had limited access to fresh corn. BELIEVE ME! as soon as ears of corn are in the store I will be all over them!

On with the yummy goodness:

Salad:

4 medium zucchini
2 minced garlic gloves
3 TBS olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
small bag of frozen corn (or two ears when available)
3 avocados



Dressing:

1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of half a lime
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 minced cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Peel, then cut zucchini lengthwise and into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Place on backing sheet, sprinkle on two gloves minced garlic and 3 TBS of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.

After the zuchini has roasted for 12-15 minutes add the frozen corn and roast for 10 more minutes.


Remove roasted corn and zuchini from oven and allow to cool - to at least room temperature.

Diced three avacados and mix in a large bowl with cooled roasted corn and zuchini. 

(While veggies are roasting) Mix together all the ingredients for lime cilantro dressing in a seperate bowl.

Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.

ENJOY! And report back on the yumminess!

No comments: