background

Thursday, April 26, 2012

MMMMMM, I LOVE CURRY!

Super Easy, GF, Vegan, Protein Packed and Yum-O Delicious!

I know that convenience food is just that, convenient. So, I need some convenient food/recipes in my life too. What's a food conscience momma to do??!!

I'll tell you that we are a fruit loving family, so you may see us dipping apple in raw peanut butter at any given moment, due to convince and healthiness.

But what about a hot, healthy and convenient meal? Well here is one you may catch us eating for lunch on any given day:

Curry Quinoa and Chickpeas

Ingredients:

1 TBS coconut or olive oil
1/4 diced onion
1 garlic glove, minced
1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa**
1 can, rinsed and drained, organic garbanzo beans/chick peas 
2 tsp. curry ( or more depending on your spice level)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Sautee onion and garlic.
Then add all other ingredients, heat through and serve!

*I cook with quinoa a lot, so I always have cooked quinoa in my refrigerator. It makes dishes like this super easy*

No comments: