background

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Overnight Orange Oatmeal - DELICIOUS!


I found the idea of Overnight Oatmeal on Pinterest and immediately thought it sounded like a great idea! Just think, you prep it at night and before the Prince or my tummy could say "I'm hungry!!" Viola it's ready! What I didn't anticipate was how Ah. Maaa. Zingly. delicious it would be! So click HERE is you want to see the original recipe or just keep reading to see my version.

**Typically I would just eat it straight from the mason jar, who needs to dirty another dish??, but a bowl is easier for the Prince.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup GF Oatmeal
  • 1 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
  • juice of 1/2 an orange (I've been using Navels)
  • zest of one orange
  • 1 tablespoon agave nectar/honey or your sweetner of choice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon ginger
**I have also been adding bluberries - YUM!
Instructions
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a seal-able container and let sit overnight in the refrigerator (10-12 hours).
  2. If it is thicker than you like add 1/4 cup of milk (I do this) enjoy cold or microwave for 45 seconds to take the chill off and to thicken the texture (I do this). Stir, add toppings as desired and enjoy.


No comments: