background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Black Olive Dip and Amazing Wild Rice

Saturday night as I cooked dinner the Prince sat in the kitchen snacking on bagel chips and chatting with me. He was reading the recipes on the back of the bagel chip box and wanted to make on of the recipes. He gathered all the ingredients and we whipped it up. I was pretty sure he wouldn't care for it because it is a "creamy" dip but, I never try to discourage his food explorations.




Black Olive Dip

Makes approx 1 1/4 cups


3/4 Vegenaise ( Yes, yes, you can use Mayonaisse)
1/4 finely chopped black olives
2 garlic cloves, mince
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 chopped fresh parsley
Salt/pepper to taste



I was right he wasn't a fan BUT, I loved it. Lovvvvvveeeeddd it!


The dinner I was preparing prior to the dip making turned at as equally delicious! I made Wild Mushroom, Roasted Asparagus and Wild Mushroom Salad with Feta. I served mine over fresh raw organic spinach. *** This can easily be made vegan, just don't add the feta ***



Mine.


The Prince's.



Sunday Night's Menu

Protein Packed Quinoa Salad
and
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Butter

YUMMMM!



No comments: