- 1 can organic black beans (or two cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- In a mixing bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, in order, into the mashed black beans.
- The mixture should appear sticky and hold together.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat approximately 2 tablespoons olive oil in pan. Fry burgers for 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
*If baking, place patties on baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes on each side at 375•.
***If you prefer a spicy black bean burger then add a teaspoon of hot sauce of choice to the mixture.
The only ingredient change was I used a couple of teaspoons of Stevia instead of Agave. OH and I only had purple grapes.
Is it odd that as a family we like to eat out of the bowl with three spoons? YUM!!!!!