background

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wooooo..Multiplication, already?!

I can't believe my Prince is growing and learning so quickly. He was academically ready for multiplication a week or so ago, but this momma was taking it slowww. But low and behold the Prince spoke up and said he was ready to move on to multiplication. So a few days back I decided I would introduce 0's table...he wanted more..I introduced the 1's table...he wanted more...I introduced 2's. That appeased him for about 30 minutes, ha! So then we started playing with multiplication on http://www.starfall.com/.


I started looking for some hands on activities and of course the blog goddesses helped me, a lot. Today we went on an I-spy array hunt to practice writing and computing multiplication equations. Head on over and get your free copy from Step Into Second Grade.


Here are a few pictures of our math journey.












Below are pictures from the "I Spy" Array/multiplication lesson from today. I placed multiplication/arrays all around the downstairs of our house and the Prince went on a hunt and completed the related worksheet. He enjoyed it, we will do part 2 tomorrow :)Then we headed off to homeschool park day for some outdoor energy release :)







 


No comments: