background

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cream Cheese Cold Veggie GF "Pizza"

I served this today for non-GF friends and it was a hit! So much so, that a couple requested the recipe....here you are ladies!!!
  • 3 Eggs, separated
  • 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
  • 3 oz room temperature light cream cheese
  • 3 TBSP Parmesan cheese
First separate the eggs and whip the whites with cream of tarter until VERY fluffy

Second, stir the cream cheese with the egg yolks till blended, and fold into the egg whites.  Also fold in the Parmesan cheese.

Spread in a greased 13X9 pan.

Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes. (In my gas oven and the NM altitude, I tend to cook a few minutes longer)

While the crust is baking I combined a room temp. 3/4 block of cream cheese with ~ 4 tbsp of Greek salad dressing, ( I typically use Italian, but was out ;) until it is smooth. In my mini-food processor I processed baby carrots, broccoli and red bell pepper; once each was processed I mixed them together.

Let "pizza crust completely cool and top the “pizza crust” with the cream cheese spread and top with veggies.

YUM-O!!

The Prince loves to cut out different shapes (cookie cutters) of this crust and make mini-pizzas!! (This is actually what he had for dinner since D.A.D. is out of town.....:(

No comments: