So last night the Prince and I play "CHEF!", an almost daily game around here, LOL...and he made his daddy garlic and kalamata olive hummus and together we made our favorite version of mac and cheese...the title of the post tells all the reasons we love this recipe...Below is the recipe, we tweaked it a bit to our liking...you should really try this one...Don't we always feel better when we make something and when it's just as easy as opening a pre-made package and much yummier!Enjoy!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni (We of course used GF, last night we used Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta, bought at Walmart, this is really a great substitute for wheat pasta)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (we used a bit more, we love the tast of Parmesan)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until done; drain. (If using the GF kind above cook the pasta ~14 minutes and then rinse with cold water)
- In a mixing bowl, add Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and blend together with mixer until nice and smooth.
- In 9x13 inch baking dish, stir together cooked macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top nice a bubbly. (Once it is done, I mix it once more with a spoon, it helps blend all the melted cheeses)