background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I NEED a housekeeping list or a maid...so looks like I get a list

Simple Chore Schedule

Like many of us I feel like I'm always cleaning. I need a system and I think I may have found one. I plan to print this, laminate it and place it somewhere in my kitchen and hope I don't feel like I am doing everything, everyday. Do you have have a list or routine?? Share it.....:)  Wish me luck....off to do chores :)
Monday -  Do one load of laundry in the morning and be sure to put away any other clothes when time allows. Vacuum or sweep the entire house today, preferably in the evening before bedtimes.
Tuesday - Dust one week, and then do windows the following week. Again, try to keep up with general tidying (wiping table and counter tops, washing dishes) as time allows
Wednesday - Use today to catch up. Don't schedule a new task. If you haven't been able to clean the kitchen or bathroom well, finish the dusting, or stay on top of the laundry, today is the day to do it.
Thursday - Vacuum and sweep as necessary again today. It might be possible to focus on the first floor or high traffic areas only. Depending on the number of bathrooms in your house, today is a good day to do a quick clean of them. Don't worry about cleaning tubs and showers--those can wait for the weekend clean. Instead, worry about cleaning toilets, sinks, and mirrors.
Friday - Today is the day to prepare for the weekend. Be sure that all laundry is done, folded, and put away. If any clutter has accumulated at the bottom of stairs, on the desk, or in the kitchen, today is the perfect day to get it all sorted and cleaned.
Saturday - Saturday is family day! Take the time to enjoy your children, your spouse, and the opportunity that you all have to be together. Of course, you can put away the game when the family is done playing, or wash up the dishes after the pizza dinner, but don't worry about deep cleaning.
Sunday - Try to change and launder the sheets and towels on Sunday, and then do a major clean of either the kitchen or one bathroom.

I found this list somewhere AGES ago and forgot all about it...so, sadly I can't give props to the creator :(

No comments: