background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our Velcro board

HUH? What's this? Well, it a thick poster board with Velcro.

We use it to practice skip counting :) I have created numbers for
2's, 5's, and 10's. I always try to use things I have on hand.
I just cut up the hot wheels box that one of the  Prince's race track came in
and added Velcro to the back and VIOLA!.

The Prince requested something to do while I was creating his
Velcro learning board, so I quickly cut some more squares, added
letters of and let him unscramble them :)

I had a thought this morning...I'm not using the back of our Velcro board anymore, so....

I decided to strip it of the previous labels and add more Velcro...

I cut out  laminated days of the week and the months of the year;
all while enjoying coffee, of course!
No, I did not create them; I got them from here.
Thanks, ChildCareLand

Viola! Jerry and I had the discussion of which day of the week
to begin with; since we are also teaching the concepts week and
weekend, we decided to start with Monday.

I added a few more pieces of Velcro and now it's multipurpose.

No comments: