background

Monday, January 24, 2011

White Bean & Sweet Potato Chili

So tonight as I was reading someone's status responses on FB and a GF website was suggested; not to me, to the other person, but as you know I read tons of blogs....so I headed over. I quickly zoned in on this recipe. I plan to start putting together my 2-week dinner menu (which I plan to post by the weekend) on Wednesday and I'm thinking this just may make the menu. Sadly, ours will have to soy crumbers...damn you, gluten; but, maybe just maybe, I'll split the recipe in half and put some type of meat in half of it for the husband....shhhh! don't tell him since I'll probably forget to buy meat.

Thank you in advance to, Megs Food Reality

White Bean & Sweet Potato Chili


White Bean & Sweet Potato Chili

Ingredients
- 2x 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes(I used 365-Whole Foods)
- 15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes(I used a variety that had green chilies)
- medium onion, diced
- 1 lbs. of 93% lean ground turkey, soy crumble, chicken, or beef(I used free-range beef)
- 2x 15 oz cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- bag of frozen corn(I used organic sweet white corn)
- 1 tbsp. of agave nectar (Cindy here....I don't have this and don't plan to buy it...hmmm)
- 1/2 tsp. of crazy Jane salt mix
Optional:
- red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. of chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. of adobo powder
- sharp cheddar(for topping)
- corn tortilla chips(for dipping)

This can be cooked on the stove or in the crockpot.

Crockpot version:
- Brown your meat, if needed. While that is cooking on the stove, add the rest of the ingredients into your crockpot. After the meat is browned, add it to the crockpot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or really even longer. Enjoy!
Stove version:
- Brown your meat in your pot. Then add your onion and sweet potatoes and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the rest of your ingredients and bring the pot to a boil. Turn down to simmer and let cook 2-3 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: