background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chick Pea Salad - Sandra Lee Style (vegan)

I really wish my picture did this salad justice, but you will have to just believe me when I say this is delicious. This is the second time I have made this salad, not only because I enjoyed it, but mainly because the Prince continually asked for it. So make it and enjoy.

(I thought about taking a second picture, in hopes of improving, but I couldn't because we were starving!!!)

 

Chick Pea Salad:

  • 2 (19-ounce) cans chick peas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced ( I used red and would recommend it as I think it compliments it better)
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.

No comments: