background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quinoa Coconut Cookies - SERIOUSLY a must make...now!!

Quinoa Coconut Cookies

These are actually quinoa, coconut, peanut-butter, chocolate chip (or butterscotch) cookies, but that name is just too long.


Another fantastic find from Pinterest. Here is the site of the original recipe.

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup peanut-butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat together butter, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar until smooth. In another bowl combine flour, coconut, baking powder, and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture and mix until smooth. Stir in quinoa and chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 9 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on cookie racks.

I made this with gluten free Bisquick and then separated the batter and added chocolate chips to half and butterscotch chips to the other half. I am not a fan of chocolate, who am I kidding I think the stuff is yucky. I am also aware that makes me the odd one!

What I need to tell you is that these might honestly be one of the best cookies I have ever made!! Try it!

No comments: