background

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Natural Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner (homemade)

I am always interested in all natural cleaners, but honestly the only true step I have taken is buying the ones that read "green" on the label and using vinegar for window cleaning. I have finally decided to get in gear and take the next step. I recently found a blog Homemade Mamas to help me along my journey. 

I decided to start with a bathroom disinfected, because one I had the ingredients and two who doesn't want to disinfect their bathrooms?! However, I wandered two things: would it smell nice? and would it clean? The answer is YES!! to both. I am a happy mama. 

Below is a snippet taken directly from Homemade Mamas:

"Here is a bathroom cleaner that disinfects, cleans and is completely safe for kids and pets. We have used vinegar to clean with in the past, and found the smell too strong. Using the lemon juice seems to help cut the vinegar smell and it dissipated very quickly. We used it in the bathroom and the kitchen and it worked great. We were amazed how well it removed stains from an old white sink (spray and let sit 10-15 min.)"
The recipe:
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (reconstituted or strained fresh juice)
  • 1 cup of warm water
Mix ingredients and pour in a spray bottle. Shake before using.


For more green cleaning recipes check out naturemuseum.org under education.

No comments: