background

Monday, November 21, 2011

EASY HOMEMADE EGGNOG

This is directly from Homemade Mamas! As soon as I found it I said "Is it really that easy? I am soooo making this, but I must put it on my blog or I will forget where I saw it and then I will be a sad homemade eggnogless girl who will be forced to drink the dark rum straight from the bottle!" OKAY OKAY, I didn't think the last part...but nonetheless I didn't want to forget where I saw the recipe, so here it is!!!

Homemade Eggnog

'Tis the season for tasty drinks and holiday cheer. And no seasonal drink gives you both quite like eggnog. You can buy it at the store, of course, but making it from scratch is so easy...not to mention delicious! The recipe we used can be found here on Allrecipes.com. We made ours without alcohol so the kids could enjoy it as well, but feel free to add a splash of "something festive" to yours if you'd like!
What You Need:
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 quart milk
  • 1/3 pint heavy whipping cream
  • a pinch of ground nutmeg
  • a pinch of salt

First, beat your eggs then mix in the condensed milk, vanilla, milk, and salt. In a separate bowl beat your whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then fold it into your egg/milk mixture. Sprinkle with the nutmeg, serve, and feel merry!

(Of course it's up to you if you had a bit of rum or bourbon!)
Again, Thank you HOMEMADE MAMAS!!

No comments: