background

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Turkeys and a Scarecrow

We have been having a blast! I can't tell you how tickled I am to have Pinterest and so many fantastic teacher blogs. I have always been so impressed with how creative elementary teachers are. I am not creative on my own, but I can so follow directions and/or replicate. I want to share what we've been up to and I always try to credit the amazing inspiration for each. I hope you all are enjoying the beginning of the holiday season as much as we are.


We read a cute book: Gracias, The Thanksgiving Turkey.  Gracias the turkey was probably pretty tickled he didn't get eaten :). We then created our own thankful turkey.




The Prince wrote he was thankful for "family, toys, animals, food, Mom, Thunder (our dog), and Dad." If you would like the Thankful Turkey Pattern - click Thankful Turkey! You can print it in color or black and white and your lil prince or princess can color it.


Then I couldn't resist! We had to make the EAT MORE __________ goofy turkey! This guy is saying "Eat more fruit!" If you want the pattern check out Mrs. Miner's blog.



On the fantastic Pinterest, I saw the cutest scarecrows and followed it to one of my favorite teacher blogs The First Grade Parade. I then looked through our classroom books and found The Frightened Scarecrow. We read and created!







Happy Thanksgiving....Can you believe I still have more turkey crafts/lessons to blog? WHEW!

No comments: