background

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Popsicle Stick Math

At The Sharp Academy, we are always looking for interactive, fun, cost-efficient and educational ways to learn. Additionally, we are not big worksheet peeps; Here is one idea that we are currently using for addition and subtraction.

Materials

Large Popsicle Sticks (from Dollar Tree)
Black Sharpe
Cups/containers (I used the ones from our science kit, but you can get a pack of cups from the Dollar Tree)
Plastic Baggy (to store supplies)


I labeled the popsicle sticks with the addition and subtraction facts of the number I printed on the cups.

I decided to use tape, so I can easily change the number when we begin another set of numbers.



We typically have three aids to assist in our math computation, one is always mental math and in this picture we also had our abacus (Marshall's $9.99) and foam blocks (my newest find from the Dollar Tree!)


When the Prince enjoys lessons, I am a happy mommy/teacher!


****I should mention that for school supplies, I LOVE the Dollar Tree.


No comments: