background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The First Thanksgiving, The Prince and Baked Parmesan Eggplant

I have so much to share from our classroom last week, this week and our trip to Vegas! However, I am going to post a bit backwards and start with our lessons from today and the Prince's dinner.

This evening I made broccoli and onion quiche for the big man of the house and myself. The Prince will only eat an egg if it is boiled , so I knew I would be making him a seperate meal. I decided on the O-so-Easy Parmesan Baked Eggplant that he loves. As soon he took a bite, the Prince said "OH! You have to post this on the blog." I giggled and here I am.

Baked Parmesan Eggplant
  • 1 eggplant peeled and cut into thin medallions
  • 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I use GF Kinnikinick)
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/3 cup milk 
    Cooking spray or vegetable/olive oil

    1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a large  baking sheet.

    2. Whisk together bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, onion powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. Dip eggplant slices in milk then in breadcrumb mixture patting the crumbs on. Place slices on baking sheet. Repeat until all are coated.

    3. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping half-way, or until golden brown. Eat as is or Serve with any dipping sauce; ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing or I like a mix of low-fat sour cream and horseradish



On to lessons....

Today, at the Sharp Academy we read The First Thanksgiving by Linda Hayward. The Prince then created a paper Native American and a Pilgrim, with a writing component...of course!.




"Native Americans are tough!"
 
"Pilgrims sailed on the Mayflower."

I couldn't help but ask, "Why is your pilgrim sad?" The Prince's reply, "You said they didn't have any food on the Mayflower and half of his friends died!"
Should I be laughing out loud while I type this??!!!!


No comments: