background

Monday, November 7, 2011

Whooo Whooo says the Owl...

Last week we completed our lesson on Owls and I've been meaning to post it...but the life got in the way.....and then I most likely fell asleep on the couch!

On to Owls....



Okay, I get that this "Owl" looks crazy, scared, evil and even "pandaish", but when I awoke one morning I thought it would be a cute idea to introduce Owl's with a yummy treat. At least I tried , right?!?



We read the non-fiction book, OWL by Gail Gibbons and created our K-W-L chart. If you haven't used/read any books by Gail Gibbons, I recommend her as they are informative and cute.

Also a reminder, just in case you wanted/needed to know:
K = What you already KNOW
W = What you WANT to know
L= What you LEARNED



We later followed up with a can-have-are chart to review and as a writing lesson. Please ignore the awful looking owl face in the O of Owl....again, I tried....right?!?



We read a very cute fiction book by Robert Kraus, I was tickeled to find it since it was about an owl and the up and coming holiday. It was a cute book. So can you guess what we did next??



Our story map! This is a really great way to dissect a story and the Prince loves the post-it note process.



And of course, a unit on Owls would not be complete without making an owl!


This mommy/teacher is always trying to add writing into most projects, so I asked the Prince to name his owl.


An owl review practicing our verbs and adjectives :)


One week Bats, next week Owls.....let's review and compare.


This is one of my favorite parts....the Prince verbally reviews while playing teacher.




1 comment:

Mountain View Academy said...

I loveit! That looks lik a lot of fun!