background

Sunday, November 20, 2011

HOLY YUM!!!! Caesar Deviled Eggs.

Did you watch the food network live special today? I did and I was inspired to make caesar deviled eggs and cake pops. Caeser salad is one of my favorite things and for the past couple of years I have made my caesar salad Rachael Ray style, so when I heard caesar deviled eggs I almost dropped the weight on my foot. YES! I was watching the food network while doing P90X....Hi! I'm Cindy and I am a foodaholic.

Let me show you what I made and thanks to Rachael Ray I'll give you the recipe for the deviled eggs.


Ingredients

  • 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled


  • 1 small clove garlic


  • 2 teaspoons anchovy paste


  • A handful grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese


  • 1/2 small onion, grated (She said this was KEY...don't just chopped the onion!)


  • 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, just enough to bind


  • 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce


  • Juice of 1/2 lemon


  • 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper


  • 2 romaine lettuce leaves from the heart, finely chopped


  •  

    Directions:

    1. Cut the fat rounded ends off the eggs, scoop the yolks into a bowl and stand the hard-boiled egg whites upright in the egg carton. If you prefer to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
    2. Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic directly over the bowl, then add the anchovy paste, parmigiano-reggiano, onion, mayo, worcestershire, lemon juice, pepper and half of the finely chopped lettuce. Mash until smooth and check the seasonings.
    3. Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining finely chopped greens.



    I also wanted to show you what else I did this evening. The decorations are sooo much prettier in person, but as you probably already know I don't have a good camera (Santa is GOING to bring me one)and all my pictures are taken with my phone :/. In addition, I wanted the cake of the pops/balls to be a bit tastier, so I will post my gluten free cake pop recipe...soon!


    The garland and bow are from the dollar tree!

    This is my very first attempt at making cake pops, the Prince will be so tickled when he opens the fridge.

    I thought I'd see how I like the look of cake balls too :)


    

    No comments: