background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vegas Trip and Guacamole (vegan)

Last Thursday the Sharp crew, including Thunder Lovie, piled into the car and headed to Vegas, eight hours later we arrived. The Prince awoke and was very excited!



We took the Prince to the Strip and saw all the fabulous lights and sites....and we hit the arcades! The husband and I are very very competitive, so we use the excuse of a child to try to put the smack down on each other. We are crafty enough to allow the Prince to pose with Spongebob, so it looks like it is all about him.



THIS race the Prince and his daddy won! UGHHH!!

And in this race, the Prince and his mommy LOST!! I DID NOT LOSE EVERYTIME!!

The next day I cooked lunch for one of my dearest and most beloved friends, as well as, the Prince's godmomma, Kyra and her husband, Les! She asked for the recipes, so that is the reason the guacamole is attached at the end :) That evening, the Prince's godmomma took him to play while his momma and daddy went out!

Auntie Kyra!

Uncle Les!


YEP! This is us.


WAIT!!!! I have to tell you what my dear Kyra did! She brought the most amazing GF cake pops for us (sorry, no picture) AND she bought me presents!! She is FABULOUS and so are my presents!!! I am a huge breast cancer awareness advocate. We should all have a cause, right?





On our last day, I woke up with a MIGRAINE! OUCH! My two boys headed off to get meds and they forced me to the couch. After a long nap and snuggle time with my two little ones, this momma was ready to travel.





Ingredients:

  • 2 Hass avocados or 1 Fuerte
  • 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons of lime juice)
  • 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, minced (seeded for less heat)TRUTH TIME - I use CAYENNE!! 
  • 1/4 cup minced cilantro
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions:

  1. Hold the avocado in your palm, caressing it. Use a sharp knife to cut around it, longitudinally, to create two symmetrical halves.
  2. Twist the halves apart and use your knife to knock the pit out of whatever half it is stuck in.
  3. Scoop out the avocado guts with a spoon or just squeeze them out like I do.
  4. Squeeze the lime all over the avocado guts.
  5. Mash the avocado all up with a fork.
  6. Add the other stuff.
  7. Give it a whirl and add some more lime juice or salt if you think it needs it.

No comments: